Saturday, November 8, 2008

25 Years of Lucky

So yesterday I turned 25 years old. Yikes. 25 is a quarter of my life... if I make it to 100. So rather than freaking out about being so old, I am focusing on how lucky I am to have had such a blessed life. First, I have the most amazing family. Thanks to my mom for giving birth to me... which was no easy task at over 9 pounds. She continues to amaze me with her understanding of everything I have ever gone through while never failing to make me laugh. My dad is my hero. He really is the most kind and loving person I have ever met in my life. So together my parents are the super couple who have given me the perfect childhood... and beyond.

Beth is my best friend and I love her and her family with all my heart. I am so lucky to have grown up with her as my example. Boone is a constant source for laughter. Some of the things he comes up with... I admire Breanna for her strength and independence. My family really has made my life so full and happy. Thanks to my siblings for making our house such a fun place to grow up.

I am also blessed to have such good friends. Kristy has been an amazing friend from the awkwardness of being a high schooler to trying to become our own person in college. She has been there for me through it all. I am so lucky I can just pick up the phone and tell her about anything. There is not a word for my relationship with Brenn. What do you call someone who is closer then a best friend or cousin. Well that is Brenn and love her fiercely and completely. I am so lucky that I can have her in my life forever.

And then I met Bobby. I don't think there is another man in the world who could be better suited for me. He is so strong in ways that I am not. He is so funny and would do anything to make me happy. I really do look forward to seeing him everyday when we get home from work. I love his family and am so lucky to have such nice in-laws. I have a great job and wonderful home. My first 25 years have been amazing. Thanks to everyone and I look forward to the next 25.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow so I totally forgot that it was Nov. 7 yesterday and that it was your birthday! Happy Happy Birthday!

Shane and Beth said...

I love you so much and admire who you are. You have a very special place in my heart, and you always will. I hope that you had a wonderful day and am excited to hear how your fondue dinner went! We can't wait to see you next weekend (assuming all is well with us:)!

Marsha said...

too sweet! You are exactly half my age at the moment so that makes me you times two :)

Kristy & Miguel said...

Thanks for just being you and I'm so glad too that you are always there when I need someone too! you are so amazing and such a great example to me in my life! I love You !